Top Games

Dustforce Review

http://top-g4mes.blogspot.com/2013/02/dustforce-review.html

To be honest, I just spent a couple of hours playing dustforce, but I think there is a reason that I stopped playing it.

First of all: I like the basic concept. I think the game mechanics are very well thought out. You have full control over the many ways to elegantly move around the character in the world. Sweeping, running up walls and ceilings, dashing, double jumping and hitting enemies that's all great.

Probably the most important thing that kept me from continuing to play the game was the level design. The first levels are ok, but then it gets very difficult very quickly. And the levels are not difficult in a Super Meat Boy manner they are just too long, not rewarding enough, and they just need too much skill that I was not able to acquire in the first levels.

Apart from that, music is really bad, and sound design is boring as well. In the intro video, there is no sound effects at all seriously, guys! And the story cleaning the world from dust and the overall look are not appealing to me as well. And why is there no overview map for the levels?

I can imagine that people who get past the steep learning curve (or better call it learning step) really enjoy the great gameplay mechanics. I however did not, and so there is not much fun left for me..
Verdict: 40/100


Details:
Genre Action
Style Side-Scrolling Platform
Release Date January 17, 2012
Developer Hitbox Team
Publisher Hitbox Team
Flags Downloadable Release
Dustforce Review, Pada: 3:00 AM
Copyright © 2014 Top Games Powered by Blogger - All Rights Reserved