Top Games

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Review (The expansion pack that Diablo 3 needed)

http://top-g4mes.blogspot.com/2014/03/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-review.html

Loot 2.0+ patches, adventure mode, bounties, new act, new character, new weapons, auction houses gone, new everything. The patch Blizzard released about 2 weeks ago (loot 2.0) has been amazing. Legendary items are dropping at much better rates, auction houses are gone, and everyone is truly playing the game now - not spending all their time farming for items to sell on auction houses. With the expansion now out, we now have adventure mode, my personal favorite addition. No longer do you have to restart games to play different acts. Also another big change is now most gear that drops is catered to your character. No more do I have to loot a bunch of Wizard stuff for my Barb. They added the crusader, a new act, plus the various changes to the game - that basically changed the entire game.

Yes, PvP is still missing. I honestly don't think it will ever be here. Trading is also still missing, with drop rates increased (you really don't need to). Also, items are bounded to account - which basically means you cannot drop or share items with other players.

Let's face it, this game has A LOT of haters. I am a long D2 fan (who played LoD for 8+ years). At first I didn't like D3, but this new loot 2.0+ patch (no more auction houses) plus expansion has really sparked my interest and love for the Diablo series again. I have played them all, Torchlight 1-2, Sacred 2, PoE, etc etc. None compare to the depth Diablo 3 + RoS can give to you as a player.

In my opinion, this is now a fully functional 85/100 game. I wish there was a trading scheme, but with the drop rates improved it's not making me worry too much.
Verdict: 85/100

Details:
Genre(s): Action RPG
Developer: Blizzard Entertainment
Release Date: Mar 25, 2014
Copyright © 2014 Top Games Powered by Blogger - All Rights Reserved